Thursday, October 30, 2008

neither here nor there then where

I've got to be honest here for a moment. There are a few things I need to get out there, but I hope it doesn't make you think any less of me. I guess you could say I am one of those guys who's vulnerability is reserved for a few. I like to have it all together, have all the answers, and of course, tell you them all as well. I can't put my finger on it, but tonight, something tells me you deserve more than my shallow depth.

I feel somewhat stuck in the middle. Neither here nor there. I've graduated Southeastern, I've started a Masters degree that I'll finish in April, and then where...what...who...? Things seem to be at a standstill now, and yet moving so fast at the same time. I probably sound crazy, I'm trying really hard to explain it. I feel like I should be doing so much to prepare for my future, for this grand mystery that exists somewhere five months from now.

I'm not having much luck communicating tonight. I guess this is all that needs to be said for now. I leave you with this,

"Do not lose hold of your dreams or aspirations. For if you do, you may still exist but you have ceased to live." -Henry David Throeau

3 comments:

Brooke said...

hey, at least you're not avoiding the real world by moving off to Spain to postpone grad school (which also is avoiding the real world haha)

K. Cooke said...

You'll always have me.

Unknown said...

thanks for being so transparent. it's refreshing. and be grateful, at least you feel like your stuck in the middle instead of feeling like you missed the middle and went straight for the end. regret is a terrible feeling.